David Mitchell Merer, M.D., F.A.C.S., F.A.A.P.
A graduate of Boston University College of Engineering, Boston, MA, David M. Merer, M.D. began his graduate training at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in the Bronx, NY. Dr. Merer completed his Post-Doctoral training as a Resident in Otolaryngology/Head & Neck Surgery as well as his fellowship in Pediatric Otolaryngology at Montefiore Medical Center and the Albert Einstein College of Medicine. Dr. Merer is certified by both the American Board of Otolaryngology/Head & Neck Surgery and the National Board of Medical Examiners. He has been listed regularly as “Best Doctor” in New York and Westchester.
Dr. Merer's practice encompasses the medical and surgical treatment of a wide range of conditions in children from birth to the late teens. These conditions include, but are not limited to, diseases of the ears, nose, sinuses, throat, airway and neck regions.
In addition to his clinical appointments, Dr. Merer maintains memberships in several professional societies and committees including:
- American Academy of Otolaryngology/Head & Neck Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Westchester Medical Center Craniofacial/Cleft Lip and Palate Committee
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
Dr. Merer's hospital affiliations include:
- Westchester Medical Center, Valhalla, New York
- Maria Fareri Children's Hospital, Valhalla, New York
- Blythedale Children's Hospital, Valhalla, New York
- Westchester Ambulatory Surgery Center, White Plains, New York
Dr. Merer is presently an Associate Professor in the Department of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery at the New York Medical College. He has numerous publications and presentations in various areas of Pediatric Otolaryngology. Dr Merer has regularly scheduled office hours at our Ardsley and Rye Brook offices in Westchester as well as our Suffern and West Nyack offices in Rockland County.